Recognitions & Awards
NONPROFIT MEMBER MISSION SPOTLIGHT
The RiverBend Growth Association (RBGA) is starting a new program in 2023 to raise awareness of our many members who are nonprofit agencies. Candidates must be an RBGA member in good standing under the nonprofit dues classification.
A nonprofit will be spotlighted each month in the following ways:
- A certificate will be presented to the chosen nonprofit
- A photo will be taken
- Graphics will be made based on your questionnaire to be posted in RBGA emails and social media
- Participate in the RBGA monthly radio show on Big Z Media
Small Business of the Month
The Growth Association developed the Small Business of the Month award to recognize and honor the many contributions that small businesses make to the region. Nominees are scored for their community service, economic contributions, innovative product and services, response to adversity and appearance or image of business. Each month one RBGA business is selected as Small Business of the Month. The monthly winners receive approximately $4,000 in publicity.
- Winner will be given a 2-sided yard sign to display at your business during your recognition month. A team photo will be taken this day.
- Winner will be our guest at the RiverBend Growth Association’s networking event, Member Mingle.
- Attend in person the RiverBend Growth Association’s monthly show on WBGZ Radio (227 Market Street, Alton) or call in to discuss your business live on the air for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Winner will receive a wall plaque from the Growth Association.
- The Growth Association will produce a press release that will be sent out to our local media contacts including AdVantage News, Edwardsville Intelligencer, Illinois Business Journal, RiverBender.com, The Telegraph, and WBGZ. Melissa Meske Publications will be in contact for an interview.
- Winner will be featured in RBGA weekly email blasts.
- Winner will receive social media exposure on Facebook and LinkedIn
Captain of the RiverBend Award
The Captain of the RiverBend Awards were created by the Growth Association to identify and honor the many ways in which local businesses have enhanced the Riverbend region. These awards are presented to businesses and/or individuals that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to government & public enhancement, community service and /or economic enhancement of the region. The awards are presented at the Chamber Choice Awards event.
A Chairman Award is given to an individual(s) who has assisted the Growth Association throughout the year. Awardees are selected by the President and the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The awards are presented at the Chamber Choice Awards event.