Are you looking for a rewarding career? Come join our family at Beverly Farm where you can help adults with intellectual disabilities learn, grow, and improve their quality of life.
Full-Time employees of Beverly Farm receive:
- Great benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
- Paid vacation, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for career advancement and paid training.
- Experience is preferred, but not required.
- Wage is based on certification.
Responsible for meeting individuals’ needs as specified by the Service Plan. Will implement all services specified in the Service Plan for individuals assigned. Responsible for the daily care of each individual served.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Assist residents in all activities of daily living. This may include, but is not limited to, dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, toileting, eating, etc.
– Assist residents by carrying out Active Treatment as defined by the client’s ISP and Individual Activity Schedule. This may include Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy programs, as well as behavioral interventions.
– Responsible for appropriate and timely daily documentation. This will include documentation of resident’s programming, behavioral responses, leisure activities, and changes in physical and emotional status. Documentation will occur on designated forms including communication log, Casper, tracking forms, and Interdisciplinary Notes.
– Will report any possible incidents of abuse and/or neglect as outlined in the facility’s Abuse and Neglect Policy and Procedure. Also responsible to report other resident incidents or accidents, and change in usual conditions.
– Assist residents in leisure activities both on and off facility grounds. For example; but not limited to, eating out in the community, trips to sporting events, swimming at recreational building, facility walks, leisure programs at Horticultural Therapy. This may involve driving responsibilities.
– Assist residents to emergency and scheduled medical/dental procedures. This may include driving responsibilities.
– Assist in providing basic health care for residents as assigned by nurse and/or supervisor.
– Possess an understanding of emergency medical procedures, i.e. CPR, Heimlich maneuver, and seizure care. Implement procedures when a situation arises.
– Possess a good understanding and be able to complete, facility infection control policies and procedures including prevention, maintaining universal precautions, and observing isolation protocols. Includes maintaining good personal hygiene including clean, well-trimmed nails.
– Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment. This will include housekeeping duties. This will include cleaning and maintaining adaptive equipment. Staff will possess an understanding of OSHA regulations.
– Attend necessary training and building shift change meetings as required by the supervisor/facility.
– Attend ISP staffings and provide information for the purpose of ISP formulation. Carry out programs per ISP and complete required documentation.
– Ensure safety of residents at all times. This will include regular nightly checks, monitoring door buzzers, following cell phone, smoking, and other resident-related safety policies and procedures.
– Hours may vary and mandatory overtime may be required.
– Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must verify at least an 8th grade education and reading comprehension. Good physical health and lifting abilities. Experience preferred, but not necessary. Successful completion of Pre-Employment/On the Job Training Program and competency tests.
A. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Actively participates in organizational In – Service meetings and events.
B. Written Communication Skills – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
C. Teamwork Skills – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
D. Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with dignity and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Utilizes computer to accomplish job tasks. Computer literacy essential in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and databases. Knowledge of Outlook or similar program.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, crawl, and reach. Employee will occasionally use mechanical lift, climb stairs, and ramps. The employee will frequently and occasionally lift and/or move up to or over 75 pounds. From time to time, employee may be required to work long hours and mandatory overtime. The employee is frequently required to use both hands, push/pull, use sharp objects, and talk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. On occasion, noise level may be very loud. On occasion, the work environment may be cold and hot.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the ability to hear when communicating with employees and using a phone line.
Work Environment: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org