GENERAL SUMMARY: The Development & Marketing Coordinator provides proactive, effective, and measurable administrative support to enhance the Development Department and Marketing activities including the cultivation and stewardship of donors. This individual will work closely with the Director of Development, as well as the Marketing Manager, to execute an annual fundraising strategy and communications plan. This position requires the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment and under a collaborative team structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Manage Kindful database donor accounts, data entry, data clean-up, financial reports, and other system requirements.
– Accept and process incoming monetary and in-kind donations, as well as recording pledges.
– Provide donor acknowledgement in a timely manner (within 2 business days) and in accordance with the Development Department standards.
– Manage donor files and update filing procedures and practices.
– Provide weekly report of all donations/pledges received for Development team meetings.
– Provide administrative support for direct mail strategies, including mail merge functions, segmentation, and personalization of lists.
– Recruit and coordinate volunteer program projects, calendar, service hours, and paperwork.
– Assist with special event planning and execution, primarily the #Racing4BeverlyFarm and The Giving Tree.
– Manage inventory of donor communication materials including envelopes, letterhead, print pieces, and other branded BF gifts.
– Compose creative written materials for Development Department, including regularly updated acknowledgement letters and ongoing stewardship communication for donors (i.e., e-blasts, letters, cards).
– Assists with general communications and creative media.
– Assists with development and implementation of social medial marketing efforts.
– Support the marketing/communications/social media initiatives.
– Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
– Passion for the Beverly Farm mission and those we serve.
– Strong written communication skills are required.
– Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Strategic thinking. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, set deadlines, and complete projects in a timely manner while maintaining high levels of performance.
– Professional phone and email etiquette.
– Excellent relationship management skills and high EQ.
– Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite.
– Basic graphic design experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience acceptable. Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Development/Fundraising is preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional emails, articles, and general correspondence. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to understand and effectively present information and respond to questions from administrative staff, employees, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Understanding of basic mathematic skills. Ability to use calculator and computer programs to aggregate data.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or report form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in non-standardized situations. Able to use tangible and intangible information to come to a result.
Technology Skills: Utilizes computer to accomplish job tasks. Computer literacy essential in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and databases. Knowledge of Outlook or similar program. Fluency in Adobe software, Word press (or similar platform), and all social media applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and stand. Employee will occasionally climb stairs and ramps. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. From time to time, employee may be required to work long hours. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers and talk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. On occasion, noise level may be very loud. On occasion the work environment may be cold and hot.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include the ability to hear when communicating with individuals and using a phone line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.beverlyfarm.org.