The Riverbend is a growing region in southwest Illinois, just 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. At the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi rivers and the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, our region has historical significance and scenic beauty. With nearly 100,000 residents in this 80 square mile area, the Riverbend offers a unique and enjoyable quality of life.
The Riverbend economy has grown and diversified replacing its historical dependence on manufacturing with a full spectrum of new and expanding businesses in the financial, service, industrial, transportation and tourism trades. The Riverbend enjoys a relaxed rural environment with close and immediate access to St. Louis and its arts, culture, sports and education assets.
The RiverBend Growth Association can provide you with information and connections to programs and people within the Riverbend. Just call us, and we’ll make connections and provide all the information you’ll need to locate here.
- Database of available sites and building profiles
- General, statistical, economic and demographic information on the Riverbend communities, Madison County and the St. Louis region
- Employer training program information
- Enterprise Zone programs
- Tax Increment Financing programs
- Wage and labor market information
- Business financing programs
- Economic Development Incentives
Unique Regional Qualities
- Available/productive labor force
- Excellent infrastructure network and access
- Pro-Development oriented communities
- Competitive utility rates and reliable service
- Central location to north-south and east-west markets
- Rural/urban environment
- Affordable land
- Proximity to St. Louis’ amenities
- Positive labor/management relations
- Excellent quality of life
- Educational Assets
- Rich history in all communities